I SPECIALIZE IN INTERIOR PLANT DESIGN AND INSTALLATION
Interior plant design or plantscaping ends up being my client’s favorite element of the redesign process. You may notice in magazines like Architectural Digest or Elle Decor, plants are often the finishing touch once all other elements are in place. Adding plants to a room adds life and has a relaxing effect.
I assisted veteran interior plantscaper Sharon Carter. (Sharon doesn’t use social media). I met Sharon while organizing an A-list actress’s home. Sharon and I installed plants for interior designers Bonesteel Trout Hall. If you visit Bonesteel Trout Hall’s website you will see Sharon’s work throughout.
BENEFITS OF BRINGING THE OUTDOORS IN…
Plants lower stress levels and clean your air. See my blog post about how NASA research has proven no other air purifier cleans the air as well as when they bring plants up with them in space. Studies show that air quality in an airtight home or office is usually worse than outdoor air. Since we spend a lot of time indoors, taking steps to improve air quality is a good investment. Especially if you live in one of the most polluted cities in America, Los Angeles.
WHY CUSTOM INSTALLATION BY A PROFESSIONAL IS KEY
You will never tire of looking at nature. Plants are living sculptures. I place them in a way that accentuates your home or office’s existing design. Plants have the ability to draw the eye away from clutter and improve upon an unattractive view.
I CUSTOMIZE IN CONSIDERATION OF:
- complimenting the existing style of the home
- amount of light
- lifestyle (how often do you travel)
- if you have a history of having a black thumb
- handsy children
- naughty cats and dogs
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU HIRE ME:
- in-depth knowledge and experience caring for plants
- design scheme – plant and pot selection
- healthy plants (some plants are already dying when you buy them)
- installation (proper potting and drainage customized to eat plants needs)
- top-dressing to hid the soil and make it look “done”
- plant instructions for each plant
- reliable resource if you have any questions or concerns